The purpose and tasks are regulated in the statutes as follows:
The association promotes activities in the field of international understanding in culture, sport, education, nature conservation and environmental protection. The focus is on projects for the cultural and historical-political reappraisal of recent history for young people from all parts of the world - but especially for young people from Poland and Germany - through the International Youth Meeting Centre in Oświęcim/Auschwitz.
The main focus is on the history of the concentration and extermination camp Auschwitz-Birkenau, as well as on the history of the Second World War and contemporary history.
The study of history forms the basis for lasting contacts between young Germans and young Poles and young people from all over the world, based on partnership, tolerance and friendship.
To realise these goals, the association has the following tasks:
- to promote international cooperation in the scientific, religious, cultural and artistic fields as an enduring challenge to future generations;
- to support the production of materials and media for public relations and educational work at the International Youth Meeting Centre in Oświęcim/Auschwitz;
- to provide financial, non-material and professional support for events, conferences, seminars and study trips;
- To facilitate study and research visits of young people to the IYMC;
- to promote academic work in this field and to make it accessible for educational work;
- To facilitate encounters between young people from Poland and Germany and Eastern European countries through financial support.
The International Youth Meeting Centre in Oświęcim/Auschwitz depends on this support to fulfil its tasks. This makes it possible to continue to develop the work of the IYMC in the future.
The Support Association is registered with the Register Court in Berlin-Charlottenburg and recognised as a non-profit organisation by the Tax Office for Corporations I in Berlin under the number 665/50124. This means that both your membership fee and individual donations are tax-deductible. At the end of the year you will automatically receive a donation receipt and our sincere thanks for your support. If you would like to support the work of this house, we would be pleased to welcome you as a sponsor.
Seat of the association:
c/o Aktion Sühnezeichen Friedensdienste
Auguststraße 80, D-10117 Berlin
Friends of the IYMC e.V.
c/o Rolf Krieg
Kocherstrasse 49, D - 71263 Weil der Stadt
Board of Directors:
Viktoria Doris Graenert
Dr. Nils Magnus Franke
Baden-Württembergische Bank, Stuttgart
SORT CODE: 60050101
Account number: 7430000594
IBAN: DE34 6005 0101 7430 0005 94